Each year, ETFdb.com conducts a comprehensive review of the macroeconomic trends, policies and financial market themes that will dominate the next 12 months. Here, we introduce the overarching investment topics that are poised to shape the financial markets in 2019 and beyond.
For ETF investors, 2019 will largely be dictated by several major themes, including:
- A spotlight on global trade
- Global central banks’ significant shift toward monetary easing
- Momentum driven trends in a late business cycle
- Low risk-adjusted returns across major asset classes
- Renewed interest for bonds and yield-generating assets